I have always had a passion for learning, knowing and understanding and then being able to communicate and use that knowledge to help others. I do this in multiple domains: as an author, as a director and founder of organizations, as a social and data scientist, as a rabbi, as a teacher, as a coach, and through this website. I believe it is important to live an authentic, purposeful and eudaimonic life and that everyone should have an opportunity to do so.
I love skiing (Winter Park with my kids), traveling (internationally), mountain biking (around Evergreen), hiking (also around Evergreen), camping (with my family in Colorado and around the USA), reading (99% non-fiction) and am fascinated about all things related to big-data, artificial intelligence and machine learning. My guilty pleasures include watching Scandal and House of Cards. I am very fortunate to be married to Sheindy (my loving wife of fifteen plus years) with who I have five wonderful (if at times challenging) kids (including two teenagers).
Here are some highlights of things I have done and am proud of:
- Founded Youth Directions and Purposes Inc.
- Created a purpose discovery program and app (that uses machine learning) used internationally
- Proved scientifically that my program causes an increase in purpose both in adults and youth.
- Completing a PhD in the quantitative social sciences under the supervision of an international field leader
- Founded a number of organizations (including Judaism in the Foothills and TMTW)
- Authored close to one thousand articles and a number of books
- Was the lead author of the bestselling “Jewish Wisdom for Business Success” published by AMACOM (2008), published in eight languages
- Awarded a masters degree from University College London (consistently rated one of the top ten universities in the world) and undergrad from the School of Oriental and African Studies, (University of London).
- Gained three separate rabbinical ordinations from leading rabbis and institutions